Sunday, September 9, 2007

God's Grace is not in Vain

So, this morning I was reading in 1Corinthians 15, and verse 10 stuck out in a different way this morning. "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain." This has always been one of my favorite verse in the Corinthian letters because it is a slap in the face when you are complaining about where you are at in life. You are essentially complaining against God, that He did something wrong "By the grace of God I am what I am" However, this morning that is not what was brought to my attention. "His grace towards me was not in vain". It was another gut check for me. Is God's grace in MY life in vain? It is producing anything? What am I doing with His grace? Am I using it as a safe guard of my eternal destiny or more. Paul used it for something more as he goes on to say in verse 10 "....but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet, not I, but the grace of God which is in me." He used the grace of God to work more effectively in his ministry...his life. I don't want to just "rest in his grace" I want His grace to drive me to give of myself continually and fully. So, to the readers out there....how is God's grace in you?

1 comment:

cwblogger said...

So are you praying for God's Grace to drive you continually and fully?