Thursday, March 8, 2007

Enjoying the Process pt2

So here it is another month and hence another blog about etp-ing. It has been crazy thinking how much God has blessed me with and He has been showing me so many things to be thankful for. It has helped me with the fact that my husband has been SOOO joyful the past months that it has not only made our life at home better but has also freed me up to enjoy this process called life.
At staff meeting this past Saturday I shared how Curtis and I have been focusing on enjoying the process as a family. However, last week....in fact it was last Thursday where I attempted to blog about enjoying the process while potty training and doing taxes, but I couldn't because I wasn't etp-ing. It has been said that you attitude is a reflection of your heart....my attitude STANK......and I was having a STINKY heart. I was upset about our taxes and I felt like a failure through potty training. But, my husband is great and put things in an eternal perspective for and by the next day I was enjoying the process again. I am reading the book "Loving God with all your Mind" again. It is one of my favorites. This is a small section where the author reminds the reader about all of the promises that God gives to His children. As I was reading my heart was filled with so much joy. And I thought that how could I or any believer be discouraged while actively reading God's Word. We are fearfully and wonderfully made, we are made for a purpose, if and when we go through trials He has promised not only to be there for us but also promises to not to put us through something that we cannot handle. How crazy is that!! God is faithfully on our side and that brings about GREAT joy....oh how my cup over flows!!

No comments: