Monday, June 30, 2008

WE ARE BACK!!

Thanks to Andy Bowers' help we returned home around 4:30 this morning! Even though I have loads of laundry to do and the fact that it is super hot right now....there is n other place I would rather be! It was such an amazing trip!

We were in Ohio for a week and left on the 24th. The night that we left Hannah decided that it was a good time to get sick and threw up many times in the car. With the help of my dad and Curtis we made it through the night! The next morning we were at the Mall of America and spent the day there. That mall has EVERY store that one could think of! And that is not including the theme park, aquarium, mini-golf, and Lego-Land! We started the day out slow because Hannah had just thrown up at breakfast and I was not feeling well at this point. We, however, ended really strong even convincing the kids to ride a few rides at the theme park.

After that we drove through the night in order that we could reach Badlands National Park, South Dakota by the morning. That ended up to be really sweet! We spent a lot longer there then we had anticipated! Here are some pictures from the Badlands!






Oops, I forgot! When we were traveling through the night we hit a huge electrical storm that lasted for hours. It was continuous lighting like one right on top of another. It is really hard to describe but imagine that you are super famous and you arrive at a red carpet event. When you step out of your car, all of the flashbulbs from cameras start to illuminate the sky! It was so crazy that we had to pull over and wait it out because it was so bright we couldn't see where we were going!

Also, at the Badlands, I got my first bug bite. I had a horse fly bite me and drew blood! Apparently, horse flies are pretty nasty and vicious. So, somehow the bite spread and now I have bumps all over my ankle. Ok, I think that is enough for now. I will type more later about visiting Yellow Stone and the Tetons. Until then.........

1 comment:

Leila said...

I LOVE the Badlands! I'm so glad you guys had a good vacation. Andy going on a long road trip also gave me great opportunity to put Micah's sermon on Sunday morning into practice - HAVE FAITH. I think I was just bummed I couldn't come along! Soon, though, Merian will be up for sixteen-hour road trips.