Wednesday, July 25, 2007

FRUSTRATION!!

I am sitting here at home, it is Wednesday night, and I am in pain! While flossing my teeth Saturday night I popped out a filling from one of my back molars, and that exposed a open nerve. I hope you that you never have an experience of an open nerve in your mouth, this is my second experience, both have been and are very painful. Saturday night consisted of me dabbing "Ambelsol" on my broken tooth like every five minutes, taking Tylenol, taking Nyquil, sticking my hand in ice cold water, and then messaging the skin between my thumb and forefinger. The shock and awe principle of the ice cold water helped me through the night. Sunday morning it hurt to even breath through my mouth. This time I took Advil and Nyquil which didn't really help. Eight hours after taking those meds, I looked in the mirror and saw that my eyes were still dialated, my body still had the drugs that weren't working in them. Couldn't take any more until it wore off. Bad weekend! Monday, my dentist numbed me up for the rest of the day, and gave me a prescription for Codeine, and an antibiotic to fight the fever. Here it is on Wednesday, on the meds and still in alot of pain. The dentist told me that I should be feeling better by tomorrow. I am not that hopeful, I am in pain, I am frustrated, I am not etp-ing. I have now missed two small groups, singing in the summer concert, and have been sleeping basically 20 hours of the day since Sunday, and I am not enjoying the process...did I already say that?? Please pray that God will give me the strength to get through this with the right attitude, the right perspective, and the right focus!!

1 comment:

cwblogger said...

I think what you need is read John Calvin on God's providence. It certainly was the right prescription for my day! I can hook you up with that!